Friday, June 24, 2011

Sad

I am not very good at expressing what I am feeling in words. Today I have learned that a very special person has "chosen not to do any more invasive treatment." The email also said, "The doctors told us we are talking weeks to months." It's difficult to sit at my desk here at work and not weep but I am managing. It's probably good that I could not get my mom on the phone because I don't think I could tell her without bursting into tears. How do I say what this feels like? I guess I just can't.

I can go read the Prayer book and the Bible and be buoyed up a bit by my faith but the sadness remains. It is right to be sad. It is right to grieve. Maybe not yet really but it's really hard not to. Anyway, I have work to do so I must move along for now. Being sad is ok. Remembering all the good things and good times is even better.